A high-growth, low-cost leader in natural gas production, Encana is reshaping North America's energy portfolio by providing a clean, affordable, abundant resource for future generations. Our four natural gas key resource plays in the USA Division – Haynesville, Jonah, Piceance and Texas – are long-life formations where we apply our resource play hub strategy to maximize production and generate value that was previously unrecognized.
Reporting to the Integrity, Maintenance & Special Projects Coordinator, this person will provide tactical support to the DJ Integrity Specialist while working cohesively with the Operations, New Construction and Production Operation teams in the DJ Basin on all mechanical integrity and chemical use issues. The position will be located at the DJ Field Office near Longmont, Colorado.
- Field corrosion chemical program support and monitoring for wells, pipelines, tanks, and pressure equipment
- Pipeline cathodic protection survey's / performance
- Pressure equipment inspection and perform corrosion surveys
- Assist in new equipment QA/QC.
- Pipeline and pressure vessel NDT data collection
- Assist Maintenance team with evaluation of pipelines with the use of NDT equipment
- Conduct API 653 (Above ground Storage Tank) visual and NDT inspections
- Direct contractors during internal inspection of tanks and vessels
- Track chemical vendor treatments and cross-reference invoices
- Assist with collection of samples/other data for evaluation of chemical programs
- Track separator and tank anode consumption
- Assist in the creation of equipment and pipeline PM schedules
- Supervise installation of pipeline and well site CP
- Cad weld and pin braze connections for CP equipment
- Complete required DOT tasks on DOT flowline segments.
- Investigate mechanical integrity failures
- Create work orders
The Mechanical Integrity Technician will perform all assigned tasks while demonstrating safe work practices, adhering to all forms and guidelines, and will incorporate Encana’s ETHOS EH&S management system in everyday work. Incumbent shall strictly following all applicable Federal, State, County and local laws, statues and standards.
Position incumbent shall also attend safety meetings, safety stand downs, offered safety training and appropriate skills training and development classes. He/she shall develop an annual performance contract that embeds these principles and practices into a yearly work plan as a high expectation of achievements.
- 5 years of oil & gas industry experience in production operations, oil & gas construction, and/or oil and gas equipment fabrication.
- High School Diploma or GED
- NACE and ASME Training/Certifications a plus.
- Capability to work outdoors and in occasional adverse weather safely.
- Experience in or possess certifications in pressure vessel/inspection training.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a collaborative atmosphere.
- Must be a team player and possess ability to work cooperatively with other teams.
- Good driving record and a current drivers license
- Knowledge in the use of basic MS Office Systems: Outlook, Excel, & Word.
Encana Oil & Gas (USA) is a south of the border chip off the block of a Canadian energy giant. The company is an exploration and...