PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for the development of new and existing Automotive High Performance Cable Assembly Products from concept through product release by leading the entire team to meet or exceed product performance, schedule and within budget. Interface with management and customers as require.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads new product design efforts using the Product Development Process from product concept through production.
2. Provides technical support to customers, suppliers and inside personnel.
3. Coordinates product activities with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and quality using the engineering change request (ECR) procedures.
4. Distributes engineering work load to Design Engineers and Product Designers to priorities established by engineering manager.
5. Performs design verification activities to ensure that design meets the specifications of the customer and UL requirements. Checks manufacturing and sales drawings for completeness and accuracy.
6. Uses risk reduction tools to perform FEA, model simulation etc. knowledge of material costs and costing processes to determine the impact on various designs
7. Responsible for loading all products released BOM’s (Bill of Material) and Material Master data sheets through SAP/software.
8. Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
SCOPE: Design and develop new Automotive cable-assembly products and manufacturing processes. Products are designed using 3D CAD solid models, 2D detailed engineering drawings, GD&T, FMEA, and component FAI. Implement products through the requirements of our Automotive customer’s qualification development tests, UL, and PPAP procedures. Completes projects according to internal product development procedures and ISO/QS requirements.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Mechanical Engineering
PREFERRED: ME with Minor courses or degree in Electrical Engineering.
REQUIRED: 5-7 years design experience of electromechanical products.
PREFERRED: 5+ years of design experience of interconnect products.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
REQUIRED: • Proficient in solid modeling experience to generate 3D models & 2-D drawings as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point.
PREFERRED: • Material and manufacturing knowledge of electro mechanical products such as connectors or switches
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team.
- Travel will be required as necessary
- Proficient in FEA or related software to conduct failure analyses. MM / BOM loading software
Molex - 12 months ago
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...