The Supervisor - Mechanical manages the day-to-day operation of the Rail car shops through a unionized staff to ensure maintenance and repair work is performed safely and efficiently.
The Mechanical Shop operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week in all weather conditions. The Supervisor - Mechanical works on rotating shifts - days, afternoons, midnights - covering the 24 /7 operation. The Supervisor - Mechanical manages the day-to-day operation of the Shop through a unionized staff to ensure maintenance and repair work on rail cars is performed safely and efficiently.
This role is critical to ensuring the on-time performance of trains and delivering on CN’s commitments to customers. The supervisor performs and supervises various tasks related to the efficient utilization of locomotives and rail cars.
Critical performance areas and experience:
Candidates with Engineering degree (Mechanical, Electrical) or Technician/Technologist diploma will be given strong consideration.
- Safety orientation, compliance and enforcement
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Building, maintaining and motivating an effective team, as demonstrated through at least 4 years of relevant experience as a supervisor, preferably in a shop environment
- Strong electrical background an asset
CN is an employment equity employer, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Canadian National Railway - 30+ days ago