This Mechanical Engineering staff position is responsible for contractor mechanical activities during project implementation of construction projects; will monitor project progression and keep each venture on schedule and in compliance with codes, within time, cost, quality, safety and environmental to contribute to the efficiency of projects in the execution phase.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of Geo-Pro programs for geothermal system design and Thermal Conductivity testing evaluations.
- Overall coordination of construction documents from internal and external sources with consistency to sizing and development procedures established for each project.
- Possess an understanding of HVAC systems and geothermal design work in accordance with IGSHPA and ASHRAE standards to assure design and budget compliance.
- Process Mechanical Engineering and Design documents including HVAC Equipment shop drawing reviews, and specification reviews, including a working knowledge of Federal Specifications.
- Develop, prepare and control submittals for technical construction specifications, schematic drawings, layouts and blueprints.
- Insure design documents are in accordance with the appropriate client requirements and criteria, and that appropriate documentation is applied to all transactions.
- Review and reconcile Quality Control (QC) documents and field data to insure design standards are being met.
- Observe and report findings of daily site mechanical activities from subcontractors; raise Field Observation Reports for deficiencies when required.
- Create reports to monitor, and track civil activities relating to project schedule through daily and weekly plans, logs and reports.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent of supervising large utility scale power generation construction projects.
- 10+ years’ major utility or major industrial construction in the civil field.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100% of time including temporary assignment to projects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust
and focus .
If interested please email resume to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with Cove Fort - Mech Super in the subject line
Enel - 14 months ago