Scope of Position:|
Technical process engineer that develops and applies fundamental understanding or engineering principles to develop, improve, and transfer glass forming processes.
Successful incumbent will be responsible for working with all glass related Corning business divisions and all stages of product life from research and development to manufacturing.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Forming process development and engineering.
- Manage/ lead projects with worldwide impact on glass processes.
- Interface with Research and Development and Plant Engineering to develop and lead production trials of new products, processes, and technology to improve forming operations.
- Technical analysis of forming processes and application of results to improve processes and meeting customer requirements.
- Design and implementation of process experiments.
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise in glass forming.
30+% possible, including international
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
40 hours, Monday – Friday; weekend possible depending on location
M.S. – Ph.D. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 0 – 7 years of process engineering knowledge/experience in glass forming, thermal analysis, high temperature heat transfer in process, and/or mass transport.
- Strong academic background, able to apply scientific and engineering principles to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use the PC to analyze process data and trends to reach conclusions that help solve process problems.
- Development, Engineering or Manufacturing experience in the glass industry.
- Strong understanding of glass processes, particularly glass forming
- Working knowledge of statistics and application of tools for process control and management.
- Fluency in Japanese, Cantonese a definite plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills – effective at interacting and communicating across varying payroll levels.
- Able to lead and work in a team environment to solve problems or produce a product.
- Able to lead a technical team or provide technical leadership in a larger project team.
- Confident presentation skills – ability to tailor message to the audience.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Monster - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process...