We are a growing, fast-paced direct response television media buying agency located in Sherman Oaks. We are looking for a seasoned media buyer who has 3+ years buying long-form television media, and pre-existing relationships with station sales reps.
You must be an excellent communicator (with strong people skills), self-starter and a master negotiator. You must have the ability to handle many tasks at once, while still being detail oriented and organized. You must have the ability and initiative to troubleshoot issues when and before they may arise.
- Oversee and coordinate all media buying activity for your stations on behalf of clients
- Buy long-form television air time for clients from stations
- Daily phone and email communication with stations
- Negotiate the best rates for our clients in order to meet performance goals
- Analyze results on a daily basis, and react quickly to adjust future media buys
- Communicate with various internal departments to disseminate trafficking, accounting, etc.
- Update agency on key industry trends, media research, marketplace conditions, and how it all impacts the client; make recommendations accordingly
- Ensure day to day operational activities are accurate
- Input media buys into Catalyst media management system
- Compile media tests as appropriate for each client
- Monitor and ensure client goals are being achieved
- Must have a 4 year college degree
- Prior “Long Form” direct response media buying required
- Superior negotiating skills
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
- Must be very comfortable with phone communication and cold calling new stations
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
This position is for an in-house media buyer - no work from home or freelance.
Please reply with a resume, salary history and “Media Buyer” in the subject of the email.