Quad Graphics is seeking a
Media Buyer-Newspaper who will be responsible for placing, confirming and monitoring a client’s media orders to ensure the clients’ advertising program is executed flawlessly. The Media Buyer provides a high level of service to the assigned accounts by acting as the liaison between the vendors and the client and by providing timely and accurate information to the client on daily account issues. Specific responsibilities are listed below:
- Update and maintain Media Planning proprietary database (AEMS) and client specific media plans and master files.
- Verify vendor rates, quantities, space and materials reservations.
- Generate, confirm and track monthly insertion orders.
- Generate and update quantities for printer run list and supply to client and/or vendor.
- Provide mechanical specifications for ROP ads and ensure newspaper receives copy by deadline.
- Use client’s budget, internal benchmarks and market information to develop negotiating strategies for each paper in order to negotiate best rates while maintaining media plan penetration goals.
- Use expertise and relevance to client, in creating optimal media plans for client’s approval based on media distribution data such as rates, market feedback/competitors, product type, distribution method, day of week availability, etc.
- Conduct competitive studies and provide competitive reports to client.
- Communicate delivery deadlines with print vendors and communicate client expectations to vendors.
- Liaison between the vendors and the printers to resolve delivery issues.
- Solve billing discrepancies with vendors and maintain billing adjustments.
- Timely response to client requests and inquiries.
- Utilize time management skills to prioritize work flow without sacrificing quality of work.
- Communicate with media account manager/supervisor regarding work flow, priorities, challenges, successes or any other information necessary to ensure best practices are followed.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field.
- One year of print buying or related experience.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, including spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and across all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated ability to handle client’s concerns and resolve appropriately.
Quad/Graphics is the quintessential American business success story. By doing things differently and better for more than 40 years,...