As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 25,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh’s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are looking to add an enthusiastic, dynamic Media Relations Manager to our U.S. Marketing/Communications team to support the firm’s aggressive U.S. growth strategy. Already a global leader in providing innovative insurance solutions and cutting-edge thought leadership to a wide range of clients, Marsh is increasing its presence in key trade publications, Tier 1 newspapers, and broadcast outlets through focused, industry- and risk-specific media campaigns.
- Developing and executing pitches to top-tier print, vertical trade, and broadcast outlets.
- Aligning media relations focus with business objectives and sales and growth priorities.
- Responding quickly to major risk and industry issues that present media opportunities.
- Proactively developing relationships with reporters.
- Responding quickly to in-bound press requests.
- Writing and distributing press releases.
- Tracking and reporting press mentions.
- Overseeing trade publication award submissions on behalf of Marsh and/or its colleagues.
- Preparing colleagues at various levels for media interviews and other public speaking events.
- Ensuring all media efforts comply with corporate policies, procedures, and process.
- At least five years experience working with the press within the financial or professional services industry.
- High-level written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational and project management skills—must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously with great attention to detail.
- Confidence to work with the company’s senior leadership.
- A track record of developing proactive and innovative PR campaigns.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Agency experience is a plus
Marketing and Public Relations
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 23 months ago
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...