ID Media is a five time winner of the “Best Place to Work” award. We strive to find talent with a passion for the advertising world and a consistent desire to learn and grow. We encourage our employees to think outside the box, think ahead and think of reaching beyond job descriptions to discover the path their careers will take. Our culture supports innovation, collaboration and communication. We believe that you can work hard and play hard – and we’ll give you the opportunity to do both!
We have offices in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. Our NYC office is currently looking for a
Media Research Analyst/Manager
to join our team!
The Media Research position is ID Media’s subject matter expert on all syndicated research and analytics associated with research resources (e.g., reach/frequency, quintiles analytics). He/she also oversees and maintains certain proprietary databases. This position reports to the SVP, Director of Media Strategy and works closely with the CEO, CFO/COO and senior members of Strategic Planning and Media Investments.
- Can effectively and efficiently access and utilize all major media industry research tools, including Arbitron, Nielsen, Nielsen Online, Simmons, Claritas Prizm, Kantar, SRDS, and Forrester.
- Can independently draw conclusions and themes from research runs and communicate them in written, graphical, and oral formats.
- Demonstrates strong personal facility with these tools and organizes and/or conducts training for internal users.
- Maintains ongoing contact with syndicated research company representatives, representing ID Media to them, building strong relationships, keeping current on innovations and assessing developments regarding their services and tools, and updating their contact information as needed.
- Fields questions from ID Media staff on ID Media's available resources and subscriptions; advises planners and investment specialists on which resources to use to answer key marketing questions
- Keeps abreast of developments in syndicated research resources, sharing information with appropriate stakeholders and making recommendations on subscription additions or cuts; oversees a budget of $1.6 million.
- Internally promotes broad adoption and usage of syndicated research to foster strategic planning goals at ID Media
- Extracts from syndicated research key data to highlight important marketing and media trends and, working with Corporate Communications, develops slides for the company digital bulletin board and items for the company newsletter.
- Maintains user access files with research providers.
- Maintains other subscriptions, such as SQAD, IMS, eMarketer, Sysomos, and the Cassandra Report, ensuring appropriate dissemination, promoting and monitoring usage, and ensuring access for internal teams.
- Accurately manages budgets for syndicated research, coordinating billing and payment, scrutinizing rate increases, understanding product enhancements, identifying resource gaps, and alerting the CFO as appropriate.
- As appropriate, supports individual account planning teams by identifying resources that help planners support their recommendations and by converting research data into charts for high-quality, customized reports in PowerPoint and Word.
- Maintains databases of proprietary data, such as DRTV response data, and issues reports internally to disseminate trend information.
- Develops new research presentation templates and adds graphics and character to existing templates.
- Works with the Directors of Client Services to document test findings and case studies, housing them in a confidential drive and maintaining the Case Study Index.
- Learns and grows, as new tools and technologies emerge.
- BA degree
- 5 years of work experience in a research-related field that requires use of syndicated software; experience in measured media is a major plus
- The ability and drive to readily learn new software and further improve skills
- Comfort and a facility with data and numbers
- Analytical/logical mind-set with a strong orientation for details, yet an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to take leadership and capable of being a self-starter
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written/verbal/professional)
- Self-motivated, able to maintain good time management while prioritizing and delivering against multiple deadlines
- Ability to work well with others, demonstrates a service orientation and desire to teach
- Creativity, with the ability to judge good formatting and develop unique ways of presenting data
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with IMS, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and the Internet