Medicaid Verifier I - Lafayette, LA -- Corporate Headquarters This position is based in Lafayette, LA.
Click here to apply to this position
Acadian Client Services, a division of Acadian Ambulance Services, has an opening for a full-time Medicaid Verifier I position at our Kaliste Saloom location in Lafayette, LA. The hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm (Monday – Friday).
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Verifying insurance eligibility, benefits information
• Handling incoming calls for specific payor units
• Initiating contact with patient/guarantors, third party payors, and facilities
• Ensuring accuracy of demographic information
• Other responsibilities, as assigned
Qualified applicants should possess:
• Medicare, Medicaid and/or Insurance Billing experience preferred
• Basic computer skills
• Problem solving abilities
• Excellent communication and customer relation skills
• Familiarity with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services regulations (ambulance), Commercial and Liability insurance payors
• Ability to adhere to productivity goals and departmental guidelines
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and work independently
• Possess strong organizational skills
• Understands HIPAA and Red Flag guidelines
• High school education or equivalent
Acadian Ambulance - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Acadian companies consist of Acadian Ambulance Service, Acadian Air Med, Acadian Total Security, National EMS Academy, Executive Air...