Physician Business Services ia a highly respected consulting, training and billing company known for providing practical, effective strategies and solutions to assist healthcare organizations. Our consultants and educators have hands-on experience with hospitals and physician practice settings. We partner with physicians to produce high-impact results that serve the best interests of their organization. We pride ourselves on implementing tactics and processes that have proven successful in the multitude of physicans we have served over the years.
Currently, we are looking to build a team of Medical and Front Office Assistants to float to various offices on an as needed basis. This position does not have guaranteed hours or benefits.
Medical Assistants Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to travel to all Physician Business Services client locations in your county
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examinations and procedures
- Assisting the physician during the examination and procedures
- Perform basic laboratory tests on the premises
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Authorize drug refills as directed
Front Office Assistants Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in and Check out
- Insurance verifications
- Strong Customer service
- High Call volume scheduling
- Must be familiar with Electronic Medical Records
Skills / Requirements for Medical Assistants
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a high school education and medical assistant programming.
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting. Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff
- Must have 2 + years of Medical Assistant experience
Skills / Requirements for Front Office Assistants
Must have at least 1-2 years of medical office experience-preferably OBGYN
- Excellent people skills
- Friendly, outgoing, upbeat
- Ability to multi-task
- Self Starter
- Ability to handle high call volume scheduling
Women's Care Florida - 24 months ago