Assists in medical procedures in obtaining patients' chief complaints, vital signs, assist with minor medical procedures, cleans, stocks, and prepares medical exam rooms, and monitors medical supplies.
- Takes chief complaints, vital signs, visual acuity tests, and audiometric screenings.
- Provides on-the-job training, support, and daily supervision of volunteers assigned to area.
- Attends in-service education programs to learn new treatments, procedures, and developmental skills as arranged.
- Assists the providers with minor procedures (cleaning of lacerations, cuts, skin conditions, giving injections and immunizations).
- Assists providers with laboratory reports and files laboratory reports.
- Uses the resources, supplies, and equipment of the Center in a cost-effective, safe, and responsible manner.
- Promotes and maintains positive communications and working relationships among staff, volunteers, and patients.
- Helps with bilingual translations between providers, nurses, and patients.
- Assists front office in checking in patients and finding patient files as needed.
- Assists in dispensary in filling prescriptions and instructing patients on how to use medications.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Performs other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Excellent Phlebotomy Skills
- Familiar with CAIR and vaccinations
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent M.A. certificate
MINIMUM: M.A. Certificate from certified training program
MINIMUM: 1 year in a community setting
MARKET: 2 years in a community setting working with homeless or uninsured populations.
PREFERRED: 3 years M.A. experience working with the homeless populations.
Other Relevant Job Information: (if applicable):
Bilingual – English/Spanish required
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIOS
Father Joe's Villages
- 2 years ago - save job