The Sacred Heart Human Resources Department encourages you to picture yourself in a valuable role with Northwest Florida's leading health care provider -- Sacred Heart Health System.
As a member of the Ascension Health System, Sacred Heart has a history of providing high-quality, compassionate care since 1915.
Salaries are highly competitive and we offer an excellent, flexible benefits package. We are fortunate to attract people who believe in our mission and who are dedicated to the service of our patients and their families.
Our associates give high ratings to their job engagement and the support for their well-being provided by our health care organization. Sacred Heart associates have scored among the highest in overall associate engagement within Ascension Health.
Northwest Florida is a growing family-oriented community. It offers a delightful year round climate, low cost living, excellent schools, boundless recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
The Medical Assistant assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
Education & Experience:
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Previous experience working in a physician office or clinic setting preferred.
- High School or Equivalent required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required (provided, however, that medical assistants hired before January 1, 2010 and who have been employed in that position continuously, are not required to complete a medical assistant program as a pre-requisite for continuing employment).
How to Apply
- Current Basic Life Support certification required.
- Current Medical Assistant certification preferred.
If you are interested in joining the Sacred Heart Health System Team, please apply by completing an online application.
A Member of Ascension Health - 10 months ago