- Assists physician with complex procedures during patient examinations, including but not limited to injections, suture removal, venipunctures, cast removals, biopsies, EKG's.
- Adept in the sterilization technique and able to demonstrate it when preparing trays for open wounds and preparing bandages.
- Greets and escorts patient safely from the waiting area to appropriate areas in the physician office and/or hospital, as required.
- Understands and executes physician's preferred treatment protocols when coordinating patient flow.
- Prepares and administers medication as instructed by the physician; this includes the administration of injections.
- Ensures exam rooms are appropriately stocked with supplies and equipment prior to physician seeing patients.
- Demonstrates appropriate medical knowledge and effectively communicate instructions to patients.
- Ability to communicate to patients any procedures to be performed and provide preparatory instructions and answer basic questions, as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and react to the unique needs of the patients.
Mount Sinai Medical Center - Florida - 18 months ago
Founded in 1949, Mount Sinai Medical Center is the largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital in South Florida. Mount...