Medical Assistant/Front Desk-Patient Accounts Specialist
Seeking one Certified Medical Assistant to work both "front" and "back" at our Lake Gaston family practice medical office in Littleton, NC. Please note: this means that applicants must have clinical experience in addition to front experience to be considered for this position. This is a full-time position.
MA/FD will work at front desk to receive patients, verify insurance, collect patient payments and reconcile cash collections, enter patient data into electronic practice management system, etc. and will also work as clinical assistant on the floor (vital signs, EKG, phlebotomy, etc.). MA/FD will also be responsible for coordinating and assisting with management of clinical concerns when at the front desk.
The following operational skills/experience are preferred:
- Only applicants who have training and/or experience with both front office operations and working on the floor to assist the medical provider will be considered.
- CMA strongly preferred; MA with applicable front and back experience in an outpatient medical office may be considered. CNA will not be considered.
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering telephone
- Patient check in
- Updating patient demographics
- Verifying insurance
- Collecting co-pays
- Patient check out
The following clinical skills/experience are preferred:
- Equipment usage (EKG, clinitek, Hemoglobin)
- Good documentation skills
- Tracking and maintaining medical data
- Immunization (adult and pediatric)
- IV therapy
- Strong understanding of disease management for providing patient education at the direction of provider
• Outpatient physician office experience preferred
• Certified Medical Assistant or Medical Assistant with front and back experience
• Excellent organizational, telephone and communication skills
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be able to work well with the public and provide excellent customer service
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a potentially stressful environment
• Ability to apply common sense understanding when carrying out detailed written or oral instructions
• Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective, professional relationships with patients, providers, coworkers, and superiors
• Possess knowledge of modern office equipment, Microsoft Office software programs, and medical practice management systems (scheduling, registration and charge entry)
• Must be able to quickly learn to use eClinicalWorks electronic health record system
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required - applicants who may serve in a translating capacity will be required to take a language assessment
EOE. Federal and State Criminal Background Checks and Drug Screen required for all positions.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Rural Health Group, Inc. is a not-for-profit, community health center dedicated to providing primary medical care, dental care, and other...