Responsible for medical assisting and performing venipuncture on patients. Works under the supervision of physicians, allied health professionals, and the practice manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples. Collects specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Anticipates exam room procedures and prepares instruments and supplies.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered. Administers treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, and medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical records.
- Maintains medical supply levels in exam rooms. Responsible for instrument sterilization procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and performs position responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Other similar and related duties as assigned.
- Performs venipuncture, capillary punctures on patients as directed by physician and following medical practice protocols related to safety, infection control, and confidentiality. Enters data into EHR.
- Two years medical assisting experience
- Graduate of accredited MA program
- Phlebotomy certification (Preferred)
- BLS certification through AHA
- Previous EHR/EMR experience
- Experience with EKG machines, computer (preferably Athena), medical charts, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, speculums, and other nursing items
Shore Health Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Schedule: Full Time
4 Day & 1 Evening Per week
Hours: 4 Day & 1 Evening Per week
New Jersey Hospital Association
- 20 months ago - save job