The Medical Assistant / X-Ray Tech is responsible for providing basic clinical care to patients commensurate with their medical education. Duties include performing initial clinical evaluations as well as directed procedures for urgent care, occupational health and worker’s compensation procedures. This position will perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement using knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Prepare patients for continued medical evaluation by physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners by taking a brief history, establishing vital signs, recording appropriate documentation on approved CareSpot forms and recognizing levels of acuity allowing appropriate medical intervention when necessary.
Essential Responsibilities in this role include:
- Promptly greets patients when entering waiting area, exam room, laboratory or x-ray room.
- Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process.
- Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/ hazardous situations.
- Provides timely follow up regarding lab and x-ray results.
- Executes follow-up calls with sense of urgency
- Assists Registrars with patient check in/out procedures when necessary.
- Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate.
- Assists with patient transfers.
- Assists with procedures directly supervised by the physician.
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of the physician.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures and follows established clinical and regulatory procedures in regards to patient safety and care; including proper radiation protection and shielding techniques.
- Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Center Manager or Clinician on duty.
- Follows documentation procedures and completes required paperwork related to patient visit.
- Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies.
- Phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a clinician.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to relay information in a positive method
- Ability to diffuse upset patients and present a solution to their problem
- Proficient with practice management software and overall knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work efficiently in a team or solo environment
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more and be able to stand for long periods of time
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate or equivalent experience
- Valid State License to perform X-rays
- BLS Certification preferred
CareSpot - 8 months ago