The Medical Assistant is responsible for facilitating patient flow, and obtaining pertinent information. The MA will communicate, observe, report and document patient response/condition, prepare lab/x-ray results, set up/stock exam rooms, and conduct patient call backs.
- Thoroughly and accurately obtains chief complaint and pertinent information from patient. Communicates information to health care provider.
- Ensures and facilitates patient flow.
- Performs set-up and assists physician/PA/NP with procedures and examinations.
- Observes patient and reports changes in patient condition.
- Documents patient care, response to care, and telephone contact.
- Prepares lab and X-ray results for physician review.
- Sets up and re-stocks exam room.
- Prepares and processes instruments.
- Participates in patient call-backs.
- Correctly files information in patient charts.
- Will be responsible for insurance verification.
- Will process insurance authorizations.
- Be at work for regular daily schedule.
- Independently performs all routine procedures, including localizations as needed.
- Uses correct anatomical positioning, including proper shielding and collimation to ensure quality radiographs.
- Selects correct technical factors to produce optimal radiographs with lowest amount of radiation.
- Performs specialized exams that require sterile techniques.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Skills: Strong customer service, written & verbal communication, and computer skills.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of medical terminology, injection techniques, basic CPR and phlebotomy.
- Abilities: Ability to perform vital signs, injections, CPR and phlebotomy skills. Properly use thermometer, blood pressure equipment and injection/blood draw medical supplies. Ability to prioritize tasks, problem solve, recognize, and seek assistance from RN, NP or MD based on patient acuity.
REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or GED, Medical Assistant certification, and CPR certified required. 2 years clinical back office experience preferred. X-Ray limited license required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A more detailed analysis of the physical requirements is available upon request.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, twist, bend, reach, grasp, and pull charts. The employee must occasionally sit, squat/kneel, lift up to 25 lbs, and use wrist deviation, hand/wrist repetitions and manual dexterity. Specific vision and hearing required by the job includes close eye work, and normal hearing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Arch Health Partners maintains a drug free workplace, and smoke free working environment. No smoking is permitted in or around AHP offices or facilities. Applicants are required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
This position works in a well-lit, air-conditioned, busy clinical setting with moderate noise level. This position is frequently exposed to hazardous exposures, and frequently uses personal protective equipment.
Arch Health Partners - 20 months ago
Arch Health Partners is an award-winning medical foundation affiliated with the Palomar Health System in North San Diego County. The...