GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for direct patient care and assisting the physician or mid-level practitioner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
2. Prepares patient for examination and takes histories/vital signs.
3. May collect patient specimens and prepare to forward to out of clinic labs.
4. Performs various tests as directed.
5. Gives injections/medications and applies splints, and dressings, as applicable.
6. Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
7. Orders medical supplies as needed.
8. May perform front office duties as needed.
9. Perform other duties as required.
10. Must read, understand, and adhere to all HealthONE Physician Care policies and procedures.
11. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintain records and recording test results.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Graduation from a recognized training facility for medical assistants is preferred.
- Cardiology experience preferred.
License and Certifications
- Medical Assistant certification
- BLS required within 30 days of hire
HCA Inc - 6 months ago