Under supervision of the Administrative Director and guided by policies and procedures of Ambulatory Services, and in collaboration with clinical staff, the Medical Assistant assists in the delivery of care to patients in the UCSF Cardiovascular Care and Prevention Center Practice.
General responsibilities include managing patient flow in the practice from check-in, through the rooming process and check-out, obtaining vital signs, reviewing health maintenance status, maintaining and stocking exam rooms, and assisting in emergencies. The Medical Assistant III also supports general administrative functions at reception including scheduling, referral management and other duties as required. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills with patients and staff. The Medical Assistant must be able to competently work in an advanced Electronic Health Record environment. The Medical Assistant is required to comply with the Medical Center House and Telephone Standards.
- Certification from an approved Medical Assistant program; or equivalent combination of training and experience. One to two years experience as a Medical Assistant in a high volume clinical practice.
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboarding skills
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently with multiple forms of patient & provider communication.
- Phlebotomy certification within 1 year of hire.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills to include the ability to compose basic office communications.
- Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with patients.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with team physicians and referring physicians.
- Demonstrated attendance record.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Certified Phlebotomist in the state of California
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Certification from an approved Medical Assistant program; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification
UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
University of California San Francisco Medical Center - 17 months ago
Careers at UCSF Medical Center
Join the team that has made us a global leader in the integration of research and new treatments —...