The Per Diem Medical Assistant serves as part of a multidisciplinary team in a challenging and stimulating primary care setting. The Medical Assistant provides support for medical providers and nurses at multiple Fenway Health locations by assisting with clinical and administrative tasks.
Typical duties could include, but are not limited to: taking vital signs; room stocking and inventory, helping to plan for patient care, performing EKG’s and point of care lab testing; phlebotomy; assisting with medical procedures; assisting with phone inquiries, and participating in team, department, and company-wide meetings and trainings.
Note: Applications or resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. No third party resumes accepted.
When applying for this position, please reference the job title and job ID #507
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program or equivalent experience
- Associate's degree in Medical Assisting strongly preferred
- Medical Assistant Certification when eligible
- Current CPR Certification
- A minimum of one year of related work experience in a healthcare setting required
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- A calm, patient, flexible, courteous and understanding manner required
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment required
- Demonstrated interest in LGBT health and commitment to community health strongly preferred
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
Fenway Health - 8 months ago
Fenway Health is a comprehensive community health center, providing a wide continuum of health care services. We are New England’s...