"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Functions as a member of clinical team performing a supportive role in the delivery of patient care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
3 openings at Bayshore Clinic.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
2. Effectively participates in planning and preparing for patient visits ensuring appropriate schedules, test results, and clinic specific requirements are available.
3. Rooms patients consistent with clinic needs while determining and documenting chief complaint and reason for visit, vital signs, medication list, allergies, smoking history and other information as required by clinic. Keeps patients informed of delays and progress of clinical appointments.
4. As required and competency validated, performs appropriate hearing and vision testing, EKG, spirometry, point of care testing, specimen collection, equipment cleaning/reprocessing and other requested procedures.
5. Prepares and stocks rooms (daily/weekly) and clinic supplies in advance of clinic visit as well as cleaning rooms appropriately between patients.
6. Prepares for and assists with routine and specialty procedures.
7. Schedules patients for follow up appointments or referrals and performs routine clerical duties for team and staff to include photocopying, scanning and faxing.
8. Performs telephone messaging and in person screening with appropriate follow up.
9. Responds to emergency situations.
10. Respects and maintains privacy and confidentiality per HIPPA guidelines.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year of related experience.
* Completion of an approved Medical Assistant training program
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
* Certification (CMA, RMA, CCMA, NCMA) preferred
3 positions under DSRIP, with Dr. Thomas Murphy. HOT!
Please list as Medical Assistant I & II
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...