MA II / Care Coordinator: One Temporary position available at our Burien Medical Clinic. This position will be partially grant-funded and will require skills from both positions. The MA II / Care Coordinator will:
- Perform a variety of duties to help ensure timely and accurate cancer prevention and treatment with the Medical Department.
- Provide medical assistance in the clinic to support patient care needs including but not limited to taking vital signs, administering medications and injections, treatments, assisting with patient procedures and maintaining electronic records documentation.
- Serve as part of the Patient Care Team to provide and coordinate clinical services
- Collaborate with providers in the screening of clients for appropriate level of care through intake assessment.
- Ensure that qualified patients are identified, screened and receive follow up treatment options for cancer.
- Provide case management services to identified patients to promote timely, comprehensive, and appropriate care.
- Maintain a tracking system to manage pt. progress through screening and treatment.
- Participate in the submission of progress report to the American Cancer Society.
- Conduct patient outreach through the use of letters, phone calls and cancer prevention resources.
- Advocate for patient services to identify and overcome barriers to cancer prevention and treatment.
Certificate from a MA program and Healthcare Assistant Certification (up to category A, C, & E) required. Minimum two years experience and proficiency with MS Word and Excel. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
idealist.org - 14 months ago
Sea Mar Community Health Centers was organized by a group of Latino community leaders and health activists who dreamed of developing a...