Contributes to the Company’s mission and vision by planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining Division-wide compliance programs, policies and procedures. Coordinates internal assessment initiatives.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Provide guidance to Physician Services entities regarding established division-wide compliance programs, policies and procedures to ensure adherence to applicable laws, regulations, and other governmental requirements as appropriate.
• Assist in the development of compliance related policies and procedures as needed.
• Investigate compliance related complaints and concerns, including Ethics Line cases.
• Ensure the implementation of compliance training requirements for Physician Services employees (i.e. Code of Conduct Training, Billing, Coding, Physician Relationships).
• Communication with Physician Services ECOs to ensure the awareness of emerging risks, new compliance initiatives, and policies.
• Assist in the resolution of major compliance related issues and/or compliance efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
• Knowledge of health care coding and billing matters.
• Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
• Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
• Skill in planning and organizing.
• Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, and decision-making.
• Ability to interpret and analyze complex compliance data.
• Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
• Effective verbal/written communication and training skills.
• Effective diplomacy skills.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent healthcare compliance experience is required.
Three years experience in health care coding, billing, regulatory compliance, internal audit and/or financial management is required. A strong understanding of health care billing operations, including laws and regulations by various agencies is preferred. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, planning skills, and problem solving skills. Able to lead organization through change management processes. Must exhibit high levels of integrity, professionalism, trustworthiness, team orientation, and motivation.
HCA Inc - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard