Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies is seeking high quality individuals with medical coding, billing, or medical office experience who are interested in expanding their career opportunities. This is a rare opportunity for bright individuals looking to begin a challenging, yet rewarding career path. The Workers’ Compensation Claims Division is continuing the expansion of our growing Medical Bill Review Unit. Our successful and rapid business growth over the past year has created the need to fill additional positions, and we are seeking high quality people to help us build a best-in-industry national business operation. Join a great team that will produce exceptional work and meet the highest standards in a positive, supportive work environment. Medical Bill Analyst will successfully employ critical thinking skills to review medical bills from multiple jurisdictions for quality and comprehensive coding.
- Aptitude for learning medical coding and workers compensation regulations.
- Strong telephone communication skills.
- Able to read and interpret complex documents including medical records, medical bills, medical resource materials, statutes, regulations, legal opinions, legal letters, claim notes, and claim data fields.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Able to quickly master proprietary and vended software applications.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, but not mandatory, or 2-3 years experience in the medical field.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
BHHC - 9 months ago