Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies is seeking high quality individuals who are interested in launching a rewarding career and expanding their skills in the medical billing field. The Workers’ Compensation Claims Division is continuing the expansion of our Medical Bill Specialist unit. Our successful and rapid business growth over the past year has created the need to fill additional positions, and we are seeking high quality people to help us build a best-in-industry national business operation. Join a great team that will produce exceptional work and meet the highest standards in a positive, supportive work environment. The Medical Bill Specialist processes and reviews medical bills, including ensuring the completeness of the bill and the supporting documentation, prior to review by a Medical Bill Analyst.
- Efficiently review medical bills and reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Identify and enforce jurisdictional regulatory billing standards and company standards.
- Examine bills for legibility and take appropriate action to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Issue appropriate correspondence to billing entities in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with company standards, training, and supervisory direction.
- Provide administrative support and additional duties as directed.
- Foster a positive and close working relationship with other company staff, including the claims staff, medical bill review, nurse case management, special investigations, legal, liens, the call center, and client services.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or technical school preferred but not required.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals, claim notes, and claim data fields. Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Proficient data entry skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Able to quickly master proprietary and vended software applications.
- Effectively manage time and meet deadlines with a sense of urgency.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
BHHC - 4 months ago