Location of Services:
- (VA Coders are needed for various Veteran Admin Health Centers on the East Coast and West Coast)
Work hours are flexible
High school diploma or equivalent required
Must have obtained professional certification through either the American Academy or Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Possess at least 2yrs coding experience in a physician or hospital setting- at least one of these years must be experience with coding VA records
- Possess working knowledge of coding rules, regulations, HCFA guidelines, and third party payer requirements; demonstrate understanding of and compliance with internal Quality Assurance Plan for coding
- Current possession of a National Agency with Written Inquiries (NACI) favorable determination (background check); U.S. Citizenship required
- Must have current VPN access to code for the Veterans Health Administration
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read and interpret patient medical information as documented in the medical record and apply correct ICD-9, CPT or HCPCS codes
- Code outpatient episodes of medical, surgical, specialty, professional services, and/or mental health care based on medical record documentation at an accuracy rate of at least 98%
- Research documentation with physician and/or other medical personnel if clarification is required
- Maintain professional affiliations; provide the highest level of coding accuracy, integrity, and efficiency
- Maintain ability to code a minimum of 14 outpatient encounters per hour and a minimum of 10 professional service encounters per hour
Professionals who take pride in their work and want to be appreciated for their efforts are encouraged to apply! In exchange for our staff members' dedication and expertise, we are proud to offer a team environment and competitive compensation packages with an opportunity to establish rewarding careers. If you fit this description, take pride in your work and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at https://tcmpcareers.applicantstack.com/x/openings. Feel free to give us a call at 703-822-8228 if you have any additional questions. We would love to hear from you!!
If you do not find interest in this opportunity but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual to TCMP by forwarding this job posting.
TCMP is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business with its corporate office located in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area . TCMP provides worldwide support to the Department of Defense as well as Commercial clientele with staffing of qualified professionals in the fields of Information Security, Technology, Administrative and Health Care Services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.