Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies seeks qualified medical coders interested in expanding their career opportunities. The Workers’ Compensation Claims Division is continuing the expansion of our growing Medical Bill Review Unit. Our successful and rapid business growth over the past year has created the need to fill additional positions, and we are seeking high quality hospital coders to help us build a best-in-industry national business operation. Coding analysts’ will employ critical analysis coding skills to review inpatient and outpatient records for quality and comprehensive coding. The coding analyst will be provided training in workers’ compensation rules and regulations, as well as industry and proprietary computer programs and systems.
- Conducts high level of bill review
- Strong knowledge of CPT procedure codes and diagnostic ICD-9-CM codes and/or MS-DRG classification codes, and application of modifiers
- Compares CPT procedure codes and diagnostic ICD-9-CM codes for clinician services and/or facility billing with APC and MS-DRG classification data entered with source documents, or re-enters data in verification format to detect errors
- Responsible for resolving questions, inconsistencies, or missing information
- Learn and use general, industry and proprietary computer programs and systems
- Gain and apply understanding of workers' compensation law, regulation and policy contracts
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to three (2-3) years of related experience in coding and billing training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology, anatomy & physiology required.
- Certified coder through AHIMA or AAPC preferred but not required.
- Ability to use computer software. Excellent communication, basic math, and reasoning skills.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.