Job Posting |
Covance is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
*We are presently looking for an experienced MEDICAL DIRECTOR/SENIOR MEDICAL DIRECTOR ENDOCRINOLOGY (DIABETES EXPERIENCE REQUIRED)
to be home or office based in Princeton, NJ*
As a qualified endocrinologist you will play a central role in our clinical development team: define and pursue market opportunities, consult internally on proposals and support the trial management in planning and conducting clinical trials in the endocrinology areas.
Your duties include:
* Participation in the definition of therapeutic targets that are characterized by unmet medical needs and emerging promising therapies
* Support designation of high priority molecular entities for prospective engagement with sponsors
* Support operations and marketing strategies to enhance company’s visibility and position including publications, presentations at society and hosted meetings
* Coordinate with colleagues the development of new, and enhance existing, client relationships
* Develop coherent, robust and well-articulated written responses to business opportunities
* Help to develop costing models for specific proposals
* Present medical/scientific analysis and plans at bid defense meetings
* Help develop plans and provide guidance for site targeting, feasibility and selection
* Provide strategic medical and scientific input in operational development and trial management
* Assist in projecting operational risk and plan for mitigating this risk
* Provide training at investigator meetings
* Develop, review and revise protocols, forms and medical responsibility plans, adverse event reporting plans and specific tools, analysis plans design, clinical trial reports and new drug applications
* Review aggregate laboratory values, adverse events, coding and data tables, listings, and figures in the assessment of safety and operational efficacy
* Provide on-call coverage for protocol and safety issue after-hours on a rotational basis
* Perform other duties as assigned
*Up to 30% of time
* MD degree
* Successful completion of an endocrinology fellowship
* Board certification, at least in internal medicine, is necessary for the Endocrinology position.
* Further certification in a specialty is not absolutely if the individual has a good deal of clinical/clinical research experience in the area. (The certification could be foreign-based.)
* Business fluency in written and oral English
* Diabetes experience is a must
* Candidate can be an endocrinologist or general medicine person with diabetes experience
* Minimum of 2 years experience in academic medicine or clinical medicine practice with involvement in clinical trials
* Industry experience of at least 5-6 years in clinical trial management for diabetes trials
* Ability to work in a collegial, matrixed environment
* Ability to write clear, insightful medical reviews and protocol analyses
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to work independently and in teams
* Good prioritization and organization skills
* Ability to adjust to changes in tasks as required
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 12 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...