Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Hennepin County Diversity Policy
The mission of Metropolitan Health Plan (MHP) is: Integrating health care and service to enhance the health and well being of our members and the community. Be a leader in partnering with our members and communities to improve health.
MHP is seeking a Medical Director to provide oversight medical administration functions and assist the Director of Medical Administration in providing strategic leadership to enhance services to members.
*This position is recruitment critical and eligible for an employee referral bonus. Current Hennepin County employees who refer candidates may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Direct the establishment, review and modification of policies, procedures and controls consistent with managed care regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Provide leadership in the interpretation of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Collaborate with professional, governmental, community and health plan organizations on initiatives that improve health care outcomes and reduce health disparities; foster cooperative relationships with external service providers and plan participants.
- Direct the development, measurement, reporting and achievement of outcomes for assigned operations.
- Lead quality, utilization and other required regulatory committees.
- Build enrollment and retention strategies through strategic direction and relationships.
- Participate on MHP's top management team, determining strategic direction for business growth, change and operation.
- Communicate the county and MHP's visions, strategic directions, priorities and initiatives to managers, supervisors and staff; represent MHP with regulatory and accrediting bodies.
Candidates will be forwarded to the hiring manager on a regular basis, the position will remain open until filled. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. A background check will be completed post interview.
- Graduated from an accredited school of medicine with a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree and have completed an approved internship and an approved formal adult or child residency.
- A valid license to practice medicine issued by the State of Minnesota, board certification in the appropriate specialty.
- At least five years of related supervisory experience, of which at least two years were in the health care or insurance industry.
- Experience with case management in a health plan setting.
- Experience working for an HMO/managed care organization.
- Ability to demonstrate the manager competencies.
*To be eligible for the Referral Bonus, the candidate may not already be a current Hennepin County employee. Referral bonus is paid once the candidate has begun employment. Complete information on the employee referral bonus program is available on the county's intranet site or by contacting Human Resources at 612-348-2163 or HR.Dept@co.hennepin.mn.us.
Note: A resume and cover letter are required to be attached as part of this application.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to actively participate in the employment process, please email us at HR.ServiceCenter@co.hennepin.mn.us or call us at 612.348.2163.
Hennepin County provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the Human Resources Department, A-400 Government Center, Minneapolis, MN 55487, 612-348-2163.
Current open positions may be viewed at www.hennepin.jobs