Medical Data Systems, Inc. (MDS) is an industry leader in the healthcare collections field, with over 25 years of experience managing accounts for healthcare providers. Medical Data Systems, Inc. is currently recruiting for Insurance Collector for the Extended Business Office division.
Company Benefits: Medical Data Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering competitive pay rates, comprehensive paid training, health insurance, 401k program, paid time off, paid vacation.
The primary responsibilities of the position are to follow-up (process and payment adjudication) on submitted inpatient and outpatient hospital claims. This person must be able to handle a high volume of detailed data processing and be able to work under tight performance guidelines. Position requires the ability to focus on details and be able to multi-task while working in a fast-paced Pre-Collection Department (EBO). Ideally be able to type 55 or more words per minute. Must be comfortable sitting for long periods of time with minimal discussion and focusing only on various software applications. Must be able to quickly learn multiple computer systems and understand abbreviations and medical terms. Must possess strong understanding of healthcare claims billing and revenue cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process accounts in a worklist fashion by hospital, balance or payer. Review accounts for payment follow up and/or initiate rebilling in MDS system by toggling to various hospital accounting systems and extract data. Document the account at various levels changing statuses, lift days, codes, addresses, and phone numbers as well as requesting letters.
- Process correspondence, initiate and view medical information requests that are sent to and received from the hospital.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Prefer Hospital or Medical Office Billing Experience.
- Familiarity with various hospital billing systems such as MediTech, HBOC, AS400, EPIC, Soarian or physician based billing systems beneficial
*****ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.*****
Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must be able to use judgment, logic and reasoning as part of a solid decision making process.
Ability to add, subtract, divide and calculate percentages using American monetary values.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Must learn the tasks required and perform with great attention to detail with few to no errors.
Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk, hear and see at close distance for duration of shift in an indoor, high noise level environment for 40 hours weekly. Must be able to sit for duration of 8 hrs and be able to do daily tasks independently.
HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. OVERTIME REQUIRED
High School Diploma
Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices
Knowledge of computer systems
Knowledge of business office procedures
Knowledge of moderate medical coding (ICD-9, HCPCS & CPT-4) and third-party operating procedures and practices.
CareerBuilder - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard