Perform laboratory testing in accordance with established standards and regulations to assist the provider in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient. |
Laboratory Lead, Coordinator, or Manager
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Requires completion of an approved Medical Laboratory Technician program. Must have knowledge of laboratory equipment, procedures, CLIA regulations, and quality control methods.
Must be licensed by the North Dakota Board of Clinical Laboratory Practice as a Medical Laboratory Technician if working in a North Dakota location. Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP), Clinical Laboratory Technician (NCA) is required, unless employed at MeritCare as a Medical Laboratory Technician prior to 1991. If the associate is not certified at hire, the associate must be become so within one year of the date of hire.
Job Specific Competencies
- Collects and/or processes specimens as needed, evaluates specimens for acceptability, and serves as a technical resource for the collection process.
- Performs laboratory testing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs, documents, and assesses Quality Control to ensure quality of test results.
- Evaluates the validity of test results.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves problems with minimal assistance.
- Willingly teaches and mentors others.
- Seeks additional duties and responsibilities to contribute to service quality and productivity.
- Demonstrates professional attributes.
- Seeks opportunities for professional growth.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Performs documentation and record keeping on all inspections, test, and repair work done on equipment.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
Age Related Competencies
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and adapts care according to patient's age/developmental stage.
- This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 2 years ago