Maintains billing and claims information in both clinic and insurance provider’s systems. Assist other clinic staff greet patients and visitors and provide assistance in scheduling appointments, patient registration, medical chart maintenance, and the coordination of patient referrals. Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner and verifies patient contact and insurance information on file.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters all relevant medical data into insurance provider’s claim system
- Assist with record keeping regarding the Arthrex Wellness program.
- Welcomes clients and patients by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Operate a multi-line phone system efficiently.
- Optimizes clients' satisfaction, clinic staff’s time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying clinic staff of patient's arrival.
- Answering clients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and insurance information.
- Protects clients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years as a receptionist or similar job
- Medical background required
- Medical coding experience a plus
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Excellent telephone answering skills utilizing pleasant, professional phone voice.
- Ability to multitask in a high paced environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Outgoing personality, highly organized, works well with others, friendly and dependable.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Basic clerical and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team oriented environment.
- Bilingual a plus
Microsoft Office, PC and various and specialized software.
Arthrex's first project involves funding the building of wells in Guinea. The project has been underway for three years now and has been...