The Medical Receptionist/Scheduler is part of the person centered integrated care team and is responsible for answering the phones, making and scheduling patient appointments, and patient check-out for Medical and Behavioral Health. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent telephone contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times and interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Work may require hand dexterity for telephone and office machine operation and sitting for extended periods of time.
· Answer multi-line phone system in polite and courteous manner.
- Direct phone calls and messages to appropriate office staff.
- Answer questions concerning office operations.
- Performs telephone “triage” to determine urgency of need, seeking consultation from medical staff if needed and schedules patient appointments.
- Provides new patients with information regarding Crider Health Center’s payment and collection policy, and what documents to bring.
· Verify patient’s insurance coverage eligibility for next day appointments
· Checks doctor’s schedule daily for additions and verifying insurance.
· Double checks insurance, patient demographics, and enters all required information when scheduling appointments
· Coordinates and reschedules patient appointments as needed at check-out.
· Works in conjunction with the medical and behavioral health staff (providers, medical case managers, medical assistants, clinical case managers, and LCSW) to accommodate scheduling requests.
· Confirm next day appointments and alert patients as to what documentation they need to bring in.
· Administrative Support: 25%
· File and retrieve information from charts as needed.
· Complete all necessary forms as requested.
· Complete recall scheduling
· Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval, chart closure, and retention within the guidelines of agency policy.
· Receive daily reports from MIS for information needed on patients that have upcoming appts.
· Follow up on Missed Appointment Policy and send letters
· Assist with filing documentation in electronic medical records.
· Maintains and updates current accepted insurance information for each physician, ensuring that patients are scheduled properly.
· Attends monthly staff meetings as required.
· Conducts self in accordance with Crider Health Center’s employee manual.
· Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
· Regular attendance (except as excused)
· All other duties as assigned.
· Medical Assistant Certification or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of one-year work experience in customer service, preferably in a medical office setting
· Knowledge of medical records management and medical terminology
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
The Medical Receptionist receives supervision from the Central
Reception and Administrative Supervisor – Warrenton.
Crider Health Center is a Community Health Center serving the mental, physical, and dental health needs of citizens of Franklin, Lincoln, St. Charles, and Warren Counties.
Join Our Team
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. Crider Health Center welcomes all people regardless of race, age, gender, religion, education, nationality, ethnicity, family circumstance, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and physical or mental ability.
Crider Health Center - 13 months ago