Heritage Nursing and Rehab Center , a 200-bed skilled nursing facility in Cedar Rapids, is now hiring caring a part-time Medical Records Clerk to join our team. This position includes approximately 20 hours/week during afternoon and evening hours. Experience is preferred.
Heritage NRC is owned and operated by Care Initiatives which has recently enhanced our anniversary bonus program. In return for your commitment to providing outstanding quality care, employees can earn $250 - $1500 per year based on their years of service. Both full and part-time employees are eligible. A part-time Medical Records Clerk in good standing is eligible for a $500 anniversary bonus on their one-year anniversary.
Care Initiatives is Iowa’s largest not-for-profit senior care providers with more than 50 locations throughout Iowa.
- Training as a Medical Records or Ward Clerk; Or
- Prior certification as a nurse aide or medication aide (need not be current).
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Typing skills of at least 40 words per minute.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to assist the Business Office Manager to:
- Implement policies and procedures to maintain the medical record system in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Protect medical record information from loss, defacing or destruction before the retention period ends.
- Identify incomplete, late and inaccurate documentation.
- Implement the system developed by the consultant to advise all disciplines of documentation to be completed or corrected.
- Computerize medical record data as required.
Position reports to: Director of Nursing
Care Initiatives - 12 months ago