The primary responsibility of this position is to establish and maintain a medical records/health information system for this facility.
- Uphold procedures to be followed in the collection, auditing, indexing and filing/retrieving of medical records and health information.
- Review discharges and other records on the nursing units.
- Collect, assemble, check and file resident charts.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Data entry.
Qualifications and Skillsets:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in medical records of a health care facility preferred.
- Must be familiar with IT and EMR systems; experience with Point Click Care preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Upon hire, all employees will be drug tested, criminal background checked and DMV checked for driving company vehicles. If you have any questions regarding the employment checks, please contact the human resource department.
The Avamere Family of Companies represents a group of independent companies dedicated to senior’s health and well-being. We take great pride in offering “a continuum of care” which allows seniors to stay independent and active. With more than forty retirement communities and skilled nursing facilities in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Colorado, the Avamere companies are responsive to the changing personal needs of seniors.
Avamere full time employee benefits package includes: medical, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, ID theft recovery services, wellness program, and voluntary dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability and AD&D coverage.
Avamere Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Avamere Group - 4 months ago