Performs administrative support tasks that are secretarial/clerical in nature for the Medical Records Department. Work includes a broad range of complex responsibilities involving confidential patient information and/or technical information, i.e., compiling reports and verifying for accuracy, furnishing information for Administrative Metrics meeting, responding to routine correspondence, and responding to internal and external customers and telephone calls. Must exercise considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments.
- Provide administrative support to department members.
- Primary responsibility includes answering telephone calls and inquiries in a professional manner. Is first point of contact for over 100 external EDRCs and assist with questions, screening and directing calls, hospital requests, etc. to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist department with verifying data on inventory control of faxes and charts received reports used to manage off-site personnel.
- Establish and maintain files.
- Inventory control for facility patient information fliers and off-site personnel supplies.
- Work harmoniously with co-workers and management as a member of the team, demonstrating a professional manner and mission driven attitude at all times.
- Promote and maintain confidentiality of patient and company records at all times.
- Disseminate faxes, reports, time sheets accordingly to proper owners/departments.
- Maintain master address/telephone log for EDRCs/facilities both accurate and current.
- Assist Manager/Assistant Managers with coordination and distribution of EDRC training manuals, startup packets, supplies as needed and/or requested.
- Reminder calls to EDRCs for timely dates of service, faxes, etc.
- Cross-trained with in-house EDRCs for retrieval of patient charts from hospital systems.
- Transcribe or compose and coordinate outgoing correspondence as requested.
- Participate in and gives input on new and/or improving programs related to Practice Manger and OnBase
- Work closely with PLEC Supervisor to obtain additional information needed to complete the data entry process in Practice Manager and OnBase
- Retrieves and distribute all mail including FedEx for the department.
- Assist with clerical assignments as needed.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Manager.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
- Good organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed orientation for accuracy
Schumacher Group provides competitive benefits and salaries to its employees and is committed to employee development and workplace satisfaction.
Our current offerings, which may vary by employment status, location, and/or division, include:
Schumacher Group is committed to excellent medicine, excellent service, and excellent business, all to be accomplished with excellent character. We make ongoing investments in our most valuable asset, our people, through continuous learning and development. We also support and encourage participation in a variety of community and charitable events.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Supplemental Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan with a Company match
- Additional Voluntary Benefits such as Cancer Insurance, Critical Assist, Medical Gap Coverage, and Accident Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness assessment and activities
The above list is a general listing of benefits that promote healthy living and work-life balance. Benefits may differ based on employment status, location, and division.
Schumacher Group - 13 months ago