Medical Records Clerk/Office support staff are responsible for providing front desk service, performing transcription for clinicians, and maintaining medical records for the agency. Medical Records Clerk/Office Support Staff report to the Office Manager.
This is a full-time position that may include evening and weekend hours.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer literate; MS Office Suite, Outlook email, IRIS or other electronic health records software
- Greet clients, verify insurance and client information;
- Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff; monitor answering machine messages;
- Schedule appointments for clinical staff;
- Place reminder calls to clients to verify appointments;
- Contact clients to reschedule cancelled appointments.
- Listen to voice recordings and convert into written reports;
- Type psychiatric evaluations, progress notes, medicine management notes and correspondence for psychiatrists.
- Provide release of information for clients, court or other medical facilities;
- Copy and/or fax medical records as requested;
- Scan released records into IRIS software; enter information into the release log;
- Perform data entry; type Group Notes, Physician Release Letters, Termination and Do Not Show letters;
- Type forms and create labels as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Verify diagnostic assessment’s notes for spelling, grammar, punctuations and service code line compliance.
- Open and close office building;
- Maintain reception area for a clean and professional appearance.
Central Minnesota Mental Health Center - 6 months ago
Maple Grove, MN
- 9 days ago