High School Diploma/GED
The Medical Records Coordinator maintains medical records in accordance with federal and state guidelines, as well as in accordance with our established policies and procedures, to assure that a complete medical records program is maintained.
· Creates and maintains electronic medical records required for community use and prepares additional documentation as required.
· Ensures resident medical records are up to date in accordance with company policy, practice and standards.
· Processes physician orders as required.
· Closes out medical records making sure proper documents are signed accurately and in the chart and ensures any applicable records are updated.
· Requests documentation from ancillary sites, such as hospitals, clinics, etc. as necessary.
· May log all medical record requests internal and external to insurance/attorneys/patients and families; makes copies and sends assigned letter to request source for proper charges per company policy, standards and practice.
· May assist in providing equipment and supplies in an efficient manner in accordance with established corporate vendors and suppliers; ensure all purchase orders are properly prepared, signed and submitted; ensure that various departments are properly charged with supplies for cost allocation purposes.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· One year previous experience as a receptionist or in a secretarial position preferred.
· Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft product suite, electronic mail and calendaring, and the ability to utilize and maintain standard office equipment.
· Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
· Must possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
· Ability to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
· Possesses interpersonal and relationship building skills to work in a cross-functional team as well as the ability to work with residents based on their cognitive ability.
· Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity level.
Trinity Senior Living Communities
- 2 years ago - save job