Coordinate, monitor, and review chart submission procedures of Emergency Department Records Coordinator (EDRC) through the Supervision of the Medical Records Assistant Managers in conjunction with Records Management, Chart Documentation and Coding /Billing Companies.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training/educating, evaluating and terminating Assistant Managers as needed.
- Analysis and supervision of the Assistant Managers performance for timely submission of daily charts and stray/deficient charts
- Evaluate Assistant Managers 180 days after hire and annually thereafter
- Review EDRC evaluations and approve payroll change requests generated by Assistant Managers
- Coordinate workloads within the department personnel to include part time employees and temporary workers
- Payroll review for Assistant Managers, , EDRCs and part-time/temporary workers – scheduled hours worked, time off requests, holiday hours, etc.
- Approve expenditures of Assistant Managers relative to travel, facility contract labor, office supplies, and more.
- Facilitate communication between Assistant Managers, EDRCs, Coding and Billing Companies and Regional Operating teams
- Monitor workflow process of received ER logs, charts scanned, charts received and outstanding charts
- Perform quality control audits of charts and chart tracking reports for proper scanning, coding and billing
- Work with IT in developing electronic upgrades to EDRC duties and direct rollout of new processes
- Travel to facilities as needed
- Resolve problems regarding missing/deficient charts through communication with Assistant Managers, Nurse Liaison /Regional Vice President and/or hospital
- Review charts and reports for coding issues i.e., ‘code as is’
- Communication with hospital management
- Participate in annual company budget process
- Attend weekly meetings with the divisional team, and the Director of Medical Records Management to communicate any issues, process changes, KPI’s, and progress on new start-ups
- Review, monitor, and pro-actively react to the Division’s KPIs, heat map, budgets, and any other reports needed for process improvements.
- Set and monitor KPI’s for the EDRC assistant managers
- Coordinate start-ups and assign the facilities to the assistant managers.
- Coordinate and assist with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or non-degreed applicant with significant managerial experience
- Extensive supervisory/management experience
- Previous hospital/medical experience; experience with medical records management is preferable
- General understanding of the reimbursement process for emergency medicine, coding and billing process, and related reporting needs.
- Possess the maturity, sophistication and professional demeanor to interface with all levels of management, staff, physicians, hospital administration and patients
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Able to read, analyze and interpret documents. Able to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers and clients. Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, clients and customers.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Can interpret an extensive variety of instructions in written and oral form.
- Able to perform basic mathematical skills. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Computer literate with a solid understanding of core concepts. Capable of working on projects independently but may require assistance with advanced concepts.
Schumacher Group - 12 months ago