Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech polymer materials. As an innovation company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer†s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. Bayer HealthCare (BHC), an Equal Opportunity Employer, makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Divisions include Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Medical Care, Consumer Care and Animal Health. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
US Med Affairs
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
The incumbent will:1. Maintenance of scientific expertise:
2. Opinion leader engagement:
- Complete core training curriculum and basic MSL Certification.
- Full participation in therapeutic area updates and/or training initiatives e.g. journal clubs.
- Medical conference attendance and reviews.
- Routine self-paced reading of current publications.
- Professional licensure with CEU documentation where applicable.
- Completes recertification and advanced certification were applicable.
- Leads journal reviews and team discussions.
- Coordinates or leads internal training initiatives.
3. Direct scientific exchange:
- Criteria based selection and validation to identify and confirm Opinion Leader (OL) status.
- Routine contacts with OLs.
- Research site identification and investigator sponsored study (ISS) support.
- Speaker training and evaluation.
- Advisory Board Support.
- Advisory Board coordination or presentation at meeting.
- Liaison between OLs and internal partners.
4. Professional organization involvement:
- Presentations to external audiences.
- Timely, accurate, specific and balanced responses to professional requests for information (PIR) in collaboration with Medical Communications.
- Adherence to SOP and FDA guidance for distribution of scientific information.
- Adherence to SOP and compliance guidelines for all external contacts.
- Presentations to internal audiences including Medical Affairs (MA) and commercial partners.
- Team member for strategic internal projects with cross-functional partners.
5. Ascertain and report current therapeutic area trends and other field intelligence:
- Establish and maintain contact with relevant medical, research and educational societies within assigned geography.
- Attend and report on local, regional and national meetings.
- Identify educational gaps and opportunities within regional and national organizations.
- Coordinate team coverage of major national meetings including program evaluation, required attendance and high quality meeting reports.
6. Complete and accurate documentation:
- Review and share current guidelines and treatment protocols for internal review.
- Report relevant competitive activity.
- Report new compound development information and potential collaborations when appropriate or requested in line with corporate strategy.
7. Collaborate as an internal scientific expert:
- Complete and timely documentation of interactions and contacts within appropriate databases.
- Administrative reports, such as expense reports and status reports completed in a timely manner.
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Resource development and review e.g. potential FDA interactions.
- Participate in and, when appropriate, lead project teams or task forces within Global Medical and Clinical Affairs.
- Contribute to product development initiatives in collaboration with Global Medical and Clinical Affairs or other internal partners.
- Lead internal training initiatives.
Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing or equivalent experience is preferred.
- BA/ BS Degree required. Advanced degree in Pharmacology,
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- At least 2 years in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry as a MSL preferred, clinical development or other clinical experience may substitute for MSL experience.
- Computer literacy and the ability to learn essential software programs.
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication.
- Excellent project management ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of FDA, OIG requirements.
- Understanding of clinical trial design and biostatistics.
- Ability to critically evaluate the medical literature.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently and a proven self-starter.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills with thorough attention to detail ensuring timely follow-through.
- Ability to travel and manage a demanding schedule.
***Salary and grade level commensurate on experience and or education***
- Post-doctoral residency/fellowship training in Diagnostic Imaging.
- Didactic teaching experience (i.e., lectures on related topics presented at university type setting).
- Demonstrated expertise in the drug discovery and drug development process.
- Established track record in basic or clinical research.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and materials...