The Social Worker provides comprehensive psychosocial assessments to members. Social work services are designed to support and maximize the member's ability to better direct their own health care experience through the use of assessment and intervention, educational programs, and linkage to health plan and community resources. The Social Worker encourages respect for individuality, independence and patient choice and collaborates on policies and systems that respect the cultural, religions, and ethnic differences among patients and families. Social work contributes to the medical team's understanding of patient beliefs, behaviors, and barriers regarding the member's illness.
• Uses age appropriate assessment and intervention skills. Able to use a range of interventions, depending upon the needs of the patient/family.
• Assists members in developing cost effective, appropriate health care plans through optimizing the member's personal resources as well as community and Kaiser Permanente resources and programs.
• Promotes multi-disciplinary care that is patient-centered and considers all aspects of members' personal, psychological, economic, and cultural needs.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of Kaiser Permanente services/benefits, public/private community resources, as well as federal/state laws which effect health care planning.
• Completes required documentation of services and Social Work plan of care per department policy.
• Participates in program development, orientation, and educational activities which further members' capacity to better direct their own health care experience.
• One (1) year of Social Work experience in hospital, medical outpatient clinic, home health/hospice, or long term care setting.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in related environment.
• Oregon Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) or Certified Social Worker Associate (CSWA); and
• Washington Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW) or Certified Social Worker Associate (CSWA).
• American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers CPR with AED certification within 90 days of hire.
• Ability to work effectively on a multi-disciplinary team.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of professional Social Work experience in a hospital or medical outpatient clinic, Home Health/Hospice, or long term care setting, preferred.
• LCSW, preferred.
• Working knowledge of KPNW services and benefits, preferred.
• Expertise with short term counseling interventions, preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary team, preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of local and national resources related to health care, preferred.
$30.96 - $42.88
Kaiser Permanente - 17 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...