SEE JOB DESCRIPTION
• Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
• Quality of Clinical Services The Medical Social Worker II provides quality counseling services by assessing patient/family system needs then developing and implementing treatment plans in accordance with departmental and medical center policies, and in compliance with the I standards of the social work profession.
• Quality of clinical services is indicated by QM findings, case presentations, documentation review, staff and patient feedback and supervisory discussions.
• Performs a bio psychosocial assessment interview with patient, family, and/or significant other according to department policy and standards. Provides appropriate crises intervention/treatment to adults, children and families in emergent situations including assessment, counseling, information/referral and providing consultation to physicians and healthcare team.
• Provides a professional interpretation of patient's condition (i.e., situation, affect, behavior and verbal content) and recommends appropriate psycho social intervention(s) and/or treatment plan.
• Develops culturally sensitive assessment that reflects departmental standards and includes: reasons for referral; source of referral; Informant name; physical/medical issues; interpersonal and social relations; emotional/psychiatric/adjustment issues including assessment of depression; role performance/social transition; community planning/resources (as indicated); legal/protective issues (as indicated) Provides appropriate counseling services to patients and/or family based on clinical assessment and consistent with patient's on going medical condition/needs.
• Performs relevant patient and family advocacy services within KP and the community.
• Provides patient education on subjects related to psycho social adjustment to medical illness, individually, in classes or groups.
• Professional Knowledge The Medical Social Worker II takes responsibility for implementation of social work knowledge and values, standards of practice and enhancement of professional skills as demonstrated by chart reviews, case presentations, staff and patient feedback, supervisory discussions and attendance at conferences/classes.
• Assessment demonstrates ability to interpret the social, emotional and behavioral problems/elements as they relate to the patient's medical condition and treatment. Knowledge of availability of KP and community resources consistent with treatment goals.
• Utilizes professional knowledge in facilitating staff and other meetings.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and observes department policies and procedures.
• Utilizes formal and informal education opportunities to increase professional knowledge base as demonstrated by attendance at appropriate and approved programs/workshops/in services/etc.
• Demonstrates the integration of clinical social work theory into practice by appropriately utilizing clinical knowledge of bio psychosocial development stages, personality development, human behavior, etc., to formulate assessment, direct treatment, and provide consultation and education to other team members. This includes integration of developmental theory and clinical practice in assessments and intervention specific to the age group served.
• Master's Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by Council on SW Education.
• Current CA Driver's license.
• BLS certificate.
• Current automobile liability insurance.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care environment preferred.
• End of Life care experience.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills.
• This is a Per Diem position, days and hours may vary according to operational needs
• Must furnish own transportation to drive approximately 60-100 miles per day throughout Orange County.
• May be filled by a Medical Social Worker II or Medical Social Worker III|
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...