Facilitates hospital privileging by appropriately directing the Provider or Hospital Medical Staff Coordinator during the application process. Thoroughly researches the backgrounds of all clinical applicants and works in collaboration with Regional Management and Risk Management to ensure qualified providers are delivering quality care to patients; thereby, minimizing the risk of bad patient outcomes and potential litigation against the Company.
- Facilitates the procurement of provider documents required to associate him/her with a client hospital, including the hospital medical staff application, abbreviated provider enrollment packet, provider agreement and any other collaborative or supervisory paperwork that might be required if the provider is a midlevel.
- Operates as the medical staff office liaison to the Schumacher Group hospital account on behalf of the provider.
- Completes the hospital application for the physician as much as possible prior to sending out
- Obtains written documentation on any disciplinary actions noted on application from the appropriate agency
- Requests insurance certificates for each facility where physician will be assigned
- Prepares summary of findings and hospital medical staff application and presents to hospital client in consideration of privileging
- Responsible for tracking application process until approval has been granted at each facility and provides written report to appropriate departments
- Maintains current documents on all physicians by sending out monthly expiration notices and updates data base with updated information
- Facilitates timely reappointments
- Obtains provider specific contact information, such as name of contact, phone, fax and address for references, previous educational institutions and places of employment/affiliation, to ensure medical staff office has accurate and sufficient information to use to timely produce their verification letters.
- Responds quickly to hospital's needs at all times, particularly as they undergo Joint Commission and Medicare audits.
- Notifies facility, in writing, of provider changes and updates Sales Force accordingly.
- Strategizes with Regional Team Members to facilitate the provider paperwork process in a manner consistent with scheduling needs.
- Maintains report on and keeps abreast of current requirements required at each facility
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date data and status on all physicians and provides weekly report to appropriate parties
- Creates permanent physician files
- Accurately keys all new physician data into physician database, i.e.: licenses, certification, SS#, medical school, etc
- Maintains a high degree of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality in dealing with employees, and external customers.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional Medical Services Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentials Specialist (CPCS) certifications are helpful.
*One to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Schumacher Group - 14 months ago