Biomat USA, Inc., a part of the global Grifols family of companies, specializes in the collection of plasma for use in life-saving therapies. Biomat USA, Inc. , along with PlasmaCare, Inc., have a network of over 80 plasmapheresis donor centers throughout the United States. These state-of-the-art facilities collect plasma from donors and operate according to the highest standards of quality.
Under the supervision of the Medical/Laboratory Director and Center management, ensure donor suitability, product integrity and the continued good health of donors through the compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
2. Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors by performing physical examinations and taking medical histories on all donors, and through the use of FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual (with particular detailed attention to communications related to AIDS information and plasmapheresis informed consent), current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, all internal company procedures and personal education and experience.
3.Timely review of accumulated data to confirm established donor suitability, by reviewing and signing all SPE and RPR results and the related Donor Record File, documenting acceptance or rejection for the donors continued participation in the program.
4. Administers or supervises all approved immunizations according to established protocol.
5. Assist with management and administration of donor counseling, testing, and follow-up of employee exposures to blood or plasma.
6. Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to unacceptable donors.
7. Provide appropriate level of care during unusual or severe donor reactions.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma (or equivalent) and EMT or LPN licensed in the state in which the center operates.
2. Evaluation and/or translation of any foreign education (high school, university, or professional training) must be provided.
3. Must have legible handwriting.
4. Ability to read and write the English Language.
5. Must be able to use a PC.
6. Must maintain CPR certification.
1. Manual dexterity to perform all technical duties within scope of center operations.
2. Ability to stand for extended periods of time - up to four (4) hours at a time.
3. Ability to lift, tug, pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
4. Ability to view video display terminal less than 18 away from face - up to four (4) hours a time.
5. Ability to articulate clearly.
6. Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane.
Please apply directly at
NursingJobs.com - 19 months ago
Grifols doesn't grimace when it comes to working with blood. The company provides products and services through three primary...