Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technologist, Summa Lake Medina, part time 1st shift
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Performs variety of routine and complex laboratory procedures under supervision using standard and specialized techniques, instrumentation and equipment on a wide variety of biological specimens to assist physician in diagnosis and treatment of patients. Exercise professional judgment in order to recognize, prioritize, and facilitate varying test requests and workload in efficient manner.
- Bachelor of Science degree, including one (1) year in approved program or equivalent with certification/registry with an accredited recognized agency or organization (e.g. ASCP, AMT, etc.). ASCP and NCA merged 10/23/09.
- Registry eligible applicants must achieve certification within the initial 3 months of hire.
- Minimum of 12 continuing education credits are required to be completed each calendar year for continued employment.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow detailed laboratory procedures, protocols, and instructions.
- Use of computers or ability to acquire such skills to operate application packages used by department.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate and troubleshoot sophisticated equipment, identify, and correct technical problems.
- Ability to work under stress, communicate test results to physicians, nursing units, and/or other authorized personnel.
- Assumes accountability for demonstrating behaviors consistent with the customer service policy
- Use of computers or ability to acquire such skills to operate application packages used by department
- Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
- Demonstrates annual successful completion of all regulatory required testing related competencies.
Summa Health System - 6 months ago
Acute care hospitals plus a network of outpatient and primary care clinics plus a health care plan yields the sum of Summa Health System....