We are an equal opportunity employer.
Expectations for all Employees:
Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting an ongoing commitment to the highest standards in all phases of laboratory operations. Assume service-oriented attitude to gain a sense of pride and accomplishment. Accepts the team approach with dedication and commitment towards all work performed.
Position Purpose and Summary:
Ensure accurate and timely testing of collected specimens.
Medical Technologist – Bachelors degree in a certified MT program.
Medical Laboratory Technicians - Associates degree in a certified MLT program
Licensure/Certification: ASCP or NCA preferred, other national certifications considered
Experience: New graduates accepted
General Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform the full range of laboratory tests provided by Interpath Laboratory— Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology, Urinalysis and Coagulation.
- Operate complex automated laboratory equipment, electronic equipment, computer software, and precision instruments. Provide trouble-shooting on such instruments as far as possible.
- Confirm accuracy of test results.
- Evaluate test results and recognize abnormal values in specific population groups.
- Report laboratory findings to pathologist and other healthcare providers.
- Develop and modify procedures as needed.
- Establish and monitor programs, to ensure the accuracy of tests.
- Participate in all aspects of proficiency testing.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Administrative duties including excellent customer service to all patients, clients and employees. Answer phones in a timely manner following company standards on proper phone etiquette.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned .
This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
General Physical Requirements:
- Regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially infectious samples.
- Typically Stands for extended period of times
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Mobility to climb stairs on a regular basis.
- Wearing appropriate protective gear: Lab coat, gloves, goggles, and face shield.
Adaugeo Healthcare - 7 months ago