Fairview Hospital located in Dublin Georgia Has an opportunity for a Medical Technologist with blood bank experience to work rotating shifts and every other weekend
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
's degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor' degree preferred
Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting. .
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist required.
- Meets the requirements for GDHR for Medical technologist
- Generalist with Blood Bank experience preferred
HCA Inc - 17 months ago
Fairview Park Hospital is a leader in healthcare for the City of Dublin, Laurens County, and the surrounding communities. Fairview Park is a...