The Medical Technologist (MT) role includes all aspects of the MLT role and the Phlebotomist role.
The MT performs laboratory tests using established protocols that require the broad exercise of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision.
Provides both day-to-day oversight of laboratory operations and result reporting by testing personnel, and professional leadership with accountability to department director.
The MT acts at all times in accordance with
policies, procedures, and the standards of the laboratory profession.
When assigned Technical Supervisor duties, the MT provides technical and scientific oversight of one or more Laboratory subspecialties
- Bachelor Degree plus completion of accredited Medical Technology school.
- Certification as Medical Technologist by ASCP or recent graduate eligible for certification.
- Completed 1 yr internship or equivalent in Medical Technology
- Capable of performing all laboratory tests and related calculations.
- Able to participate in laboratory Quality Assurance Program.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy services as required.
AK-Palmer (Anchorage region)
Mat-Su Regional Medical Center
2500 S Woodworth Lp, Palmer
Day Shift - with rotation if needed
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 19 months ago