Denton Regional Medical Center is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. Offering a full-spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced open-heart surgery and trauma programs, Denton Regional's more than 850 employees and 300 physicians are constantly striving to offer the highest quality service to the North Texas area. At Denton Regional Medical Center we feel that customer service is an important part of every person's job and strive to enhance community health through our service with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
The MT provides clinical laboratory services to patients in accordance with accepted practices, Departmental and Hospital standards of care. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Applies knowledge of procedure in Hematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Microbiology and general laboratory procedures in performing manual and automated testing
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide clinical laboratory services to patients served in relation to growth and development of age specific needs
- Performs proper documentation of results, quality control, and any other patient related data in the computer system
- Applies specialized knowledge in performing preventive maintenance, routine shift maintenance, and start up and shut down procedures
- Performs troubleshooting as required
- Validates new methods
- Applies general knowledge of quality control principles in all areas of the laboratory
- Utilizes infection control precautions in relation to patients, specimens, reagents, and equipment with the emphasis on using Universal Precautions
- Utilizes appropriate safety precautions in all diagnostic procedures to promote patient comfort
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Weekends Required
- Nationally recognized certification as a MT required
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a MT in a hospital setting. Completion of approved training program for Medical Technologist.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting.
HCA Inc - 18 months ago